Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Couscous- Stuffed Avocados

I found this great new recipe that combines all my favorite things; couscous, avocados, carrots, and mandarin oranges. It is a salad, not a couscous really. I made it with sauteed arugula - YUM!!

So here is my amended version of the-recipe:

juice of 1 large Orange
1 box of Pine Nut Couscous mix
1 med carrot shredded
1 avocado cut in half
1 medium mandarin orange peeled and diced.
4 table spoons of sunflower nuts

1.) Heat orange juice to boiling in saucepan. Add seasoning package. Add couscous. Turn off heat and cover for 5 minutes.

2.) Diced inside of avocado. Stir in carrot, avocado and mandarin oranges into couscous.

3.) toast sunflower seeds in hot skillet and add them to the couscous.

4.) Mix well and serve. I used the avocado shell as a presentation bowl.

It is such a crazy combinations of flavors it took my taste buds a moment to realize they were in LOVE!!!